This teeny little thing is a week old already. It seems like the last few days have just been a blur. A lot of sleep lost, but a lot of time getting to know this little person.
- Sitting in her Mamaroo
- Daddy tickling her feet
- Having her hands right by her face
- Riding in the car & stroller
- Having her hair brushed the wrong way
- Sleeping in her bassinet at night (but we’re making progress!)
- Being swaddled with her arms down
- Wearing mittens
- When my hair tickles her face
- Meeting Nessie & Chief
- First bath at home
- First outings – to the doctor & to Buy Buy Baby to get some more newborn clothes, since a lot of her clothes swallow her up!
- First stroll
Things I want to remember:
- Even through some rough nights, I love hearing Grayson talking to her, obviously every bit as enthralled with her even when she’s screaming her head off for no apparent reason. He’s so patient with both of us…he’s always telling her how cute & sweet she is, & telling me that I’m doing a good job, even when I don’t feel like that.
- Reading the Jesus Storybook Bible to her at night before attempting to settle her in her bassinet.
- Just staring at her all night long. The first few days, she really didn’t sleep more than an hour or two straight at night unless one of us was holding her, but that could be much worse. She’s generally happy, she just wants to be held. I can’t complain too much about that. I lose a lot of sleep (or get it on the couch instead of in my bed), but I take pictures & videos of her all night long & can’t take my eyes off of her. I’m just so amazed that she’s ours.
- Catching myself swaying even when I’m not holding her, or bouncing my phone in my hand like I have to keep it appeased.
- First week wearing my wedding ring again! I really only had to take it off the last week or two, but I’m glad to have it back.